Thursday, July 23, 2009
Almost done
After a relaxing week in NY with the kiddo's I came home to an email from our adoption agency. They have approved our homestudy first go round. Yee Haw!! We just need 2 out of state clearances back and we will be able to send out our I800a. I have seen some people blog that their paperwork at various points has gone through very quickly. But I've also seen blogs where it has taken a year to get home a waiting child. I am a little worried we won't be able to get him home in '09, but I will keep on hoping!! Every one has been so positive when they hear our news. I hope things continue to go smoothly.
Labels:
The Adoption Paper Chase
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Hey Joanne, I think we are about the same place in our SN adoption as you all are. I am waiting for the final write up on the homestudy (reviewed it Fri) and one state clearance so I can send I800a. I am REALLY nervous that I won't get my I800a back in time to send everything to CCAA by beginning of OCT. Have you heard how long I800a's are taking? We were thinking we'd travel in spring '10. You all think it's possible to travel '09? That would be so cool. Just wondering what you've heard. Sorry for the long comment!
ReplyDeleteHeather
I have read a few blogs or comments where the I800a has taken 6-8 weeks. I am assuming these were error free applications. I have read a few blogs where more info was requested and USCIS was VERY picky about the wording. Our little boy will be four in March and desperately needs surgery and therapy. So I am fervently hoping that each step stays on the short side!! If you want more info on the I800a blogs I looked at you can pm me at jlr1964@yahoo.com. Thanks for visiting my blog!!
ReplyDelete